The Russell Raiders program provides an opportunity for players aged 13 to 21 wishing to develop and compete at a higher level.
Russell Raider Youth teams compete in the East Regional Soccer League (ERSL) (Levels 3, 4 & 5)
The program has the following characteristics:
- There are separate teams and divisions for boys and girls and, subject to registration numbers, at each age group.
- The season runs from Victoria Day to the end of August (teams who make it to the finals of the play-downs may have a game in September).
- The season encompasses 12-15 games, dependent on number of teams in the division and 50% of the games will be played in Russell. An optional play-down structure may apply.
- Teams often compete in one or more tournaments throughout the season; these may be local, out of town or both (usually the coach and the parents agree on a tournament schedule).
- Teams usually play one game per week (on a set weeknight) and have at least one practice per week (usually there are 2 practices per week).
- The games are played on a full field with 11-a-side and halves ranging from 35 to 45 minutes.
- Subject to registration numbers, there may be a tryout process to select the team and players who withdraw or are not selected will be guaranteed a place on a RSL house league team.
Playing at this level does require a higher level of commitment, and players are expected to attend all games and practices unless due notice has been given to the coaches.
Players must adhere to the club and league code of conduct and will receive monetary fines, suspensions or loss of membership for violations.
Teams entered will depend on the availability of an experienced and qualified coaching staff and sufficient players with the capability and desire to play at this level.
REFUND POLICY: A full refund will be provided up to March 1 if there were no evaluations for the team or within 5 days after final evaluations being completed for that age group. Written notice must be received by the Registrar or RSC Administrator before these dates. Thereafter, a minimum administration fee of $75.00 as set by the Board of Directors will be charged to cover the administration costs. After the first day of Rep League play, no refund will be given except under exceptional circumstances, as determined by the Registrar and Raiders Director.
Players, who register for a Representative Team and, after try-outs, are not successful have the option to play in the House League or withdraw completely from the soccer program. The club will provide a full refund, without penalty, if the player decides to withdraw from the soccer program and will provide a refund based on the cost difference between the Rep program and House League if the player chooses to play in the House League program within the time frame noted above.