Rules for RSC House League
Refereeing/Assistant Refereeing House League U11 - U21
Unless indicated below all divisions from U11 to U21 follow FIFA laws of the game.
Note: U11/12 use the retreat line.
U11/12 - 2 X 20 minutes, 5 minute halftime, referee blows whistle at 6:45 and 7:45 to start the game.
U13/14, U15/U16, U17/U21 2 X 22.5 minutes, 5 minute half-time, referee blows whistle at 6:40 and 7:40 to start the game.
- For these divisions you keep a record of the shirt # of the goal scorers and when you file your report on Powerup enter the score and in the comments box the shirt # of the goalscorers.
- If you show a yellow or red card make sure you complete the discipline section, if it is a red card send me an email as well. Get the name of the player as well as the shirt #
- Substitution on goal kicks, goals, injury and any throw-in. Coaches must get your permission first.
- The referee must provide pre-game instructions to assistant referees.
- Game will be assigned through power-up, you are expected to accept/decline within three days, otherwise the games may be removed from your schedule and re-assigned.
- The referee crew is responsible for managing the retreat line (U11/U12). A general guideline is to use the edge of the centre circle if there are no hash marks.
- An equipment check must be done, you just received an email with the policy on jewelry and thunder.
Refereeing/Assistant Refereeing House League U7 - U10
U7- plays 4 aside with no keeper or 5 aside including a keeper. A coach is allowed on the field but should not interfere with you or play.
U8- plays 5 a side including a keeper.
U9/U10- plays 7 aside including a keeper.
Make sure you are knowledgeable of the Laws of the Game for small sided-soccer.
- There is no offside in U7 to U10.
- When whole of the ball has crossed the touch-line, teams will do a pass-in.
- There are no yellow and red cards in U7 to U10 soccer.
- Games are scheduled for 6:30 and 7:30, Kick-off time is at 6:55 and 7:55, teams have a 25 minute practice before the game.
- You must be at the field at least 15 minutes before the kick-off time, which would be 6:40 or 7:40.
- There are no game sheets. The score must be reported as 0-0 on power-up.
- The referee must provide pre-game instructions to the assistants.
- Games will be assigned through Power-up, you are expected to accept/decline the games within 3 days of them being assigned.
- Once the game is completed you must (referee only) report the score as 0-0 on Power-up (this ensures that you and the assistants get paid).
- The referee team is responsible for managing the retreat line. A general guideline is to use the edge of the centre circle if the hash-mark is not provided.
- There are no card checks, an equipment check should be done.